Want to stay informed but not upset all the time?
Wondering how you can convince those in elected and top-level leadership positions to listen to your reasoning on a particular topic?
These may seem like questions with no reasonable answers, but I choose to believe we can find a way. The path may be a bit bumpy and much slower than we would like, but if you are up for trying, here are some tips:
- Spend time in prayer listening and seeking the Lord’s guidance about which topics to prioritize.
- Settle in your heart that God may lead others to focus their efforts in different directions.
- Find a few trusted news sources and limit your intake to those.
- Take the time to fully understand an issue before responding with critical attacks or all-in support.
- Balance your media consumption with time in prayer and reading God’s word. Look with anticipation to where He is leading and what He is showing you.
- Push for transparency and be transparent and genuine yourself.
- Accept and process the actual facts, even if they are not what you prefer them to be.
- Be respectful and grace-filled, willing to listen to the other side first. And truly listen.
- Share your side and concerns calmly and factually.
- Model a life of integrity.
Read this week’s Rashional Thoughts: Constant build up of frustration unhealthy.